Want to know more about different career options other than fighting for a spot in the ever competitive dietetic internship? Not sure if becoming a Registered Dietitian is what you want?
Check out this blog to learn more about working as a Food Service Manager (FSM).
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it in order to ensure palatability and flavor conformity
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Schedule and order food and beverage deliveries based on needs and inventories
- Schedule and supervise staff
- Review menus and analyze recipes, establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards
Communication (verbal and written)
Where can a FSM work?
- Long term care facilities
- Catering companies
What qualifications does a FSM needs?
– Be a member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
– A diploma in Food and Nutrition Management OR a degree in Food and Nutrition
– Food Safety Training Certified
Check out this job ad and this may be just the right job for you! 😉
STAY TUNE FOR FUTURE BLOG POSTS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BEING
A MEMBER OF CANADIAN SOCIETY OF NUTRITION MANAGEMENT (CSNM)!
Need more pointers or ideas about what you can do with your degree after graduation? Come to our workshop “What Can I do With a Degree In ___?” on October 14, 2015 at 5:30pm-7:30pm at Cypress Room at Clare Hall! For more information or registration, check out upcoming workshops at SLC.